Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Music WANTED!!

I am on the hunt for some new good music. I signed up for the Moab half........which has turned into the Moab five. I need some tunes to suffer to as I pull a hail mary and try and run a couple of times before the race. I prefer music that;
A. drowns out the loud sound of my heavy breathing (when I run I sound like a horse breathing through its' nose).
B. I need musica that will inspire me to keep running or.......
C. Music that makes me angry and therefore makes me want to run through the anger.
D. I Prefer music that omits the f word, b word, s word, a word or d word. These words might cause me to swear in my head, which could easily trigger a relapse, to me swearing in my head again.
E. No Christian Rock. I do not need to be born again as I am sucking wind and clutching my side ache, the pain alone will be enough for me to remember how much I love Jesus.
I would love any suggestions, running to the Carpenters is getting a little old.

5 comments:

Wight Family said...

Okay, you're all going to think I'm crazy, but I love running to Shaggy! But in another life I think I'd have been a hooker so we just run and listen to sinful music when I get the chance to run. It reminds me that if I run long enough, and do a lot of the RIGHT things, I'll be totally sexy!!

I also run to Cheryl Crow. But who are we kidding here? I haven't ran since JULY!!
Good luck in Moab. Such a beautiful place to run!

Jardine Family said...

I'm kinda a music freak so if you wanna I could make you a good playlist from my i tunes. I'm liking Lady Gaga lately, all her songs are up tempo. She kinda reminds me of Gwen Stefani... definatly some good motivating girl music! Let me know. That's awesome you are out there training. When is the race?

Troy said...

Hey Kel,

This is Tiff. Troy is sending me over w/ a surprise! Hope you like it!

njfroerer said...

We have a pretty sweet Dark Horse Album, I think it's everything you are looking for.

JessalynKate said...

Ummmm... I looked through my running mix and edited so you won't have to swear in your head...

"Island" by The Starting Line
"All Over You" by The Spill Canvas
"Lovers in Japan" by Coldplay
"Starlight" by Muse

If you like ghetto rap, just download the clean version. ;) Good luck!