Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Hoops and Hooters

March Madness is in full force at our home. Every year Chad and the boys take filling out their college hoops brackets very seriously. Look how intense Carver is while he stews over which team to place in the empty blank.


This year the person who gets the most games right wins a fifteen dollar gift certificate. Taylor and Carver have Duke winning the whole enchilada (smart boys!!).

Zach on the other hand has Utah State and Butler University in the championships. Zach quickly became a fan of BUTler University, for the mere sake that he thought the school was named after a body part --Go Aggies!!!


And speaking of body parts, I was laughing when I noticed that our brackets were sponsored by Hooters. You know.............. that new movie about owls. Have you seen it? I haven't seen it personally, but the reviews say that it falls flat.
The following conversation took place:
Taylor: What is hooters?
Mom: I think it is a show about owls.
Taylor: Huh?...........owls.
Mom: Yeah see the picture. See the big eyes, those are owl eyes. It is a show about trying to save endangered owls -It was hard to keep a serious face as I said it, but I was able to do it, for the sake of those poor, little helpless owls. Spread the word, hug an owl. Fill out your brackets and Please for Zach's sake say a little prayer for Aggie the BUTler.

9 comments:

The Huntsville Dunns said...

Kelli your funny.....Go Aggies!

Butch Tiger said...

You are funny, Kelli. Go Hooters! That's my pick to win the series.

ross Walker said...

Thank a lot Kelli. In my attempt to save the owl I started hugging all the hooters i could find. Now my wife is filing for divorce. This post is going to be evidence in court!!
"...but judge.. the lady in the blog said I should appreciate and respect hooters??!!"

Ferguson Family said...

Kelli I have to disagree, I love that movie. I am all for saving the Hooters, good cover

Troy said...

Kelli....That is a great post....Butler and Utah State could go all the way... I am all out of Hooters jokes. But it doesn't mean that I can't recycle Michael Scott's joke at Hooters.... "I'll have the Chicken Breast Sandwich, hold the chicken"....awkward silence (just like the show)....sorry about that....

TeamTyson said...

Too bad they took Dr. Harleen's licence away...he was doing all he could to save the Hooter's in the Ogden Valley. I guess that is evidence it is an uphill battle.

Wight Family said...

I have nothing to say, I'm laughing too hard. Must go to the bathroom!!

Sorry about all that Ross... I'll try to talk to the judge, if I make it to the potty!

Troy said...

BUTler lost... There goes Zach's bracket... of course I wouldn't know that I am at work working not monitoring the NCAA tourney...

K.Booth said...

Thank you for the Updates. I would like to add that Dr. Harlene that was mentioned in this post is not the Dr. Harlene YOU know, also I am so sorry that on the fox sports website they have my picture posted in a hooters T-shirt.......I did it for the Owls (how do you like my long hair?)and thirdly thanks Troy for the update on Butler University's loss (the one that you didn't know about) I will try to break the news to Zachie as soon as I can squeeze out of this little owl shirt. Ha!HA!