I have allowed myself to get sick. Bad Timing. Lots of stuff to check off that pre-Christmas list. Gift giving, present wrapping, house cleaning, snowball fighting, cookie making, that mountain of laundry that haunts my dreams, parties to attend, a family party to host, "projects" to finish, Christmas lights to still hang, Christmas music to still play, etc.....I hit panic mode this morning as I was lying in my bed alone thinking of my list and watching a snow storm rage outside the window. The day has passed and I am still in bed, but now Tanner and Zach are lying next to me. Tanner is asleep, I am listening to the song"The Prayer." I love this song!! I am currently on my gazillionth playback of this song (Zach keeps reminding me it is the gazillionth time we have listened to it). The snow has stopped falling, and outside the window it looks like a postcard. And suddenly, that mountain of laundry doesn't seem very important. Suddenly, I am grateful to be sick. It has allowed me to relish the moment. It has allowed me to slow down. Allowed me to get to spend the day in my bed with my kids; reading books, eating crackers, watching Scooby-Doo, while the rest of the world rushes like mad to get their list checked off. Being sick has allowed me to listen to the "The Prayer" and remember what a cool song it is. It has helped to remind me that that mountain of laundry does make a good hiding spot for hide-n-seek. And somehow despite feeling under the weather and missing a great Christmas party, I feel grateful, because I have been allowed to watch the snow fall, snuggle with my children and listen to great music.
**Below are the lyrics for the song "The Prayer":
I pray that you will be alright
And watch us where we go.
And help us to be wise
In times when we don't know
Let this be our prayer
When we lose our way
Lead us to a place
Guide w/ your grace
To a place where we will be safe
I pray we'll find your light
And hold it in our hearts
When stars go out each night
Let this be our prayer
When shadows fill our day
Lead us to a place
Guide us with your grace
Give us faith so we'll be safe
We ask that life be kind
And watch us from above
We hope it's all we'll find
Another soul to love
Let this be our prayer
Just like every child
Needs to find a place
Guide us with your grace
Give us faith so well be safe.
Cross-stitch
8 years ago

6 comments:
As I waited for the kids to come out to the truck so I could take them to school that same morning that song came on the radio. I was hoping that they would wait for me to stop crying before they came out of Jamie's house. I too love that song and I cry everytime I hear it. I also cry everytime I hear the words in a song that says, "And when you kiss your baby, you kiss the face of
God." I'm teary even as I write it now. dc
Are you two on the same medication? We missed you Kel.
Kel Its funny you should post about your day on friday...I had the same day, Kinda. Jessey had pink eye, I had a ton of things I could get done and the power kept going out....so jess and I laid in my bed and told each other stories as the snow was falling out side until we both drifted off into sleep. It was a piece of heaven! I LOVED IT! btw, I saw you Dave waiting in the car at Jamies house as I went to the VM and still waiting as I was driving home...I almost honked but now I'm glad I didn't. You guys are awesome. :)
Kel, I'm so sorry you caught a cold/sickness right after returning from your sneaky trip to HI with me. Must have been the altitude change.
I was hoping for some snow pics! So that when I get back it won't be such a huge surprise. But maybe we won't be able to get back... with all that snow coming in, maybe we'll have to stay in Hawaii.
Hey Kel,
I wish we could get you better! No change, huh? Let me know if I can help with anything... Enjoy the downtime if you can. Sometimes it is our bodies way of saying "I need a break." Not always a bad thing. You already have everything you need to enjoy a wonderful Christmas! Enjoy your nap!
Our house had that kind of a weekend as well. Instead of listenibg music, it's the lifetime channel for me. I wasn't sick, but Hayden was and thats a good excuse to watch lmn without any interuptions. Hope you are feeling better now. Have a great Christmas since we won't see you Christmas day!
Post a Comment