Here is a few of my favorite things at Christmastime:1. My Children's art. Michelangelo's paintings don't hold a candle to magic of my children's art at Christmastime -I already mourn the day when the boys don't come charging home from school with a hand painted masterpiece of Rudolf the red nosed reindeer (especially when he has six legs).
2. The song Oh Holy Night. When my son Taylor was just a toddler he would sing it from the top of his lungs. It was his favorite song. I still sing it to him, he still sings or hums it around the house. I reckon this will always be my favorite Christmas song, because it reminds me of laying next to Taylor singing to our hearts content. It was the song in my head as I would watch his sweet face drift off to peaceful dreams.
3. The first Christmas tree Chad and I shared. Someone gave it to us free, after we got it home and decorated it, we figured out that it was covered in dog urine. No amount of fake pine scent was powerful enough to hide its' true colors, but the memory makes me laugh when I think of us trying to create that hallmark moment.
4. My mother's bread pudding
6. Eden after a fresh snowstorm -is there any place more beautiful?
7. Eden when it is socked in with a dense fog -is there any place more beautiful?
8. The Albert Finney DVD version of A Christmas Carol.
9. The year Santa delivered w/ the blue mini fridge.
10. Fresh pine boughs.
11. Hot Chocolate w/ REAL whipped cream and cinnamon on top.
12. White elephant gifts that are worth saving until the next Christmas.
13. The words JOY, PEACE, HOPE and LOVE.
14. The song Mary Did You Know.
15. The Nativity Story and all it's wonders.
16. Wishing people Merry Christmas, instead of all the other greetings that leave out any reference to our Savior's birth (I have a feisty side).
17. Having a family to Love Christmas morning.
What are your favorite things?

7 comments:
My favorite things at this Christmastime now are:
1. The valley covered with hoary frost like it was this morning-unbelievable.
2. The tall big weeds that are south of Packs that go to the reservoir. Yesterday they were covered with 3inch snow hats and were standing like soldiers at attention in the sun. It lasted for only a minute or two but I considered it just for me.
3. Jamie's Christmas Tree and mantel.
4. Kelli's festive Christmas house.
5. Watching 6 hours of Christmas cartoons with LuLu last night as she sat on my lap and held her stuffed animal and put a blanket around her.
6. The sound of real cold snow under my feet.
7. Brown Dog trying to bury a bone in the grass of the front yard with all the snow.
8. The tracks in the snow of the grandkids going between the houses.
9. Christmas music.
10. Dark Horse doing Christmas songs.
11. Good boots.
12. Good gloves.
13. Good friends.
14. The relationship we have between all of us.
15. I'd like to be Hunter and Kristin for just one day.
16. And I could go on and on......
I love your list and I love Dave's list....
Maddie has been trying to call you the last couple of nights and we go to voice mail....
Can you call in tonight between 4 and 8 pm....
Hey Kelli,
You got something against the #5? No #5 on your list. My favorite things...
1 - the # five
2 - 6 legged reindeer
3 - the song about the kid buying his mother shoes because she is dying and he wants her "to look beautiful if mama meets Jesus tonight." I have to love that one because Troy absolutely hates it! That also mean I am obligated to sing it to him as I rock him to sleep.
4 - Sleeping over with my family on Christmas Eve and waiting for the kids faces the next morning... can't beat it.
6 - Being able to count my blessings each and every day.
7 - hugs and kisses from my kids. This also includes the hugs that I give my own family when I have them cornered in small spaces and they can't escape.
Hey Kelli lunch sounds great! I will be there for sure. Just let me know where. I can't wait to see everyone!!! Love your favorite things. I just have to add the hilarious gifts my kids picked out for everyone at the mini store yesterday.
My #5 favorite thing @ Christmas time is any time that the Christmas shoe song is not on the radio. (Team Troy pulls ahead by one -Love ya Tiff w/ all my heart, it's just we are talking about the Christmas shoes song here, this subject is serious).
Love this post so I am stealing your idea and posting my ideas to my blog! My #1 fav thing is stealing things from your blog!
One thing I like to do at Christmastime is to walk toward the Salvation Army guy ringing the bell like I'm going to put money in and get right up to the red bucket and then shy away. They get their hopes up and then they say under their breath, that "dumb as.." It's dang funny. dc
Post a Comment