Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Taxes by Number.

This is what I looked like late last night as I was doing our taxes.

This is what was was happening inside my head.................

This is the only way I effectively knew how to solve my dilemma.

Here is my tax story in numbers. One bag of chocolate -extra strong. Two f bombs dropped in my head (do you believe that?). Three mini bags of chips. Four bitten off pen lids. Five times I caught myself grinding my teeth. Six anxiety attacks. Seven Capri suns (tropical punch flavor -hey they are sort of small). Eight times I had to go to the bathroom during the night. Nine times I questioned my computer's loyalty to me. Ten times I deleted the same form over and over. Twenty times I was surprised at my own incompetence. I have officially E-filed our taxes. I commented on facebook how I am now going to apply to rocket science school. Here was my sister-in-law Jenny's response: I'm trying to finish ours, too. I think I'm defeated...differential calculus, organic chemistry, War & Peace, all understandable... the tax code, complete confusion! I have to say Jenny you nailed how I feel about taxes.

7 comments:

The Huntsville Dunns said...

Kelli that sounds awful!!!! I'm impressed though! Some things in life are worth paying for......like someone to do your own taxes! You deserve a big reward from Chad from all your hard work.......Chad?......Are you out there?

ross Walker said...

ONE CPA to help you
TWO ease your pain
THREE times the money saved
FOUR your family

If a CPA cant save you more than he charged you , get a new one. People who have a CPA swear less in the head ..... AND... you can still drink all the Capri-sun you want!

Ferguson Family said...

Amen Kelli, amen.

Butch Tiger said...

I say, Kelli, "I feel your pain." Those "sons a bees." I did a lot more f-in's coming out of my mouth last night when the internet went down just as I was e-filing. I'll tell you what, nothing is worse. I would rather kill a tiger with a bowl of spaghetti than do taxes. Oh well 365 more days to go. dc

Troy said...

Kelli that is a great post. Thanks for your Taxes by Numbers. I agree with you, it is definitely rewarding to do your own taxes.

Bucky Haun, my blind (box 12a) dependent (social security number 24-32-15 - also my high school locker combination) long lost son/ soy farmer(Schedule H) also liked your post. It is too bad he lost his farm and left arm (medical expense deduction) in that most recent Midwestern Flood Relief issue (Box 113). It is a little ironic because he is a member of the clergy and that is how he earns his income (W-2 exception Box F).

Please keep my deduction, er... dependent.... I mean my son Bucky in your prayers.

K.Booth said...

K troy that is the funniest comment I have ever read....bar none!!! You are tooo clever. Please give bucky my regards, I would love to do it myself, but I am too busy creating mileage logs on our toilet paper use over the last year.

Tiffanie said...

Pretty easy to see that Troy does our taxes. I don't even know what a 24-32-15 is, and what do I do with box 113 on my schedule H? No wonder we are in a recession...way to confusing. I am going to have to get a better sense of humor. It appears Troy is leaving me in the dust.