Thursday, April 23, 2009

Time share

Just to clear the air. If any of you receive a phone call saying that you were referred by Chad and Kelli Booth to attend, not a timeshare presentation, but a "vacation club" presentation, I am pretty sure that it was a different Chad and Kelli Booth. We would never fall to the temptation of a free gift if we wrote down your names......we are too smart to fall for those shenanigans. BUT, in case any of you do end up attending here are some pointers.

1. First, find your happy place in your mind. Their lips are moving, but all you need to do is stay in your happy place. The mind is a terrible thing to waste!
2. When they ask you, "Where is your dream vacation?" Respond,"in my backyard in a tent." (the word tent is Key, always mention how much you like to camp and "rough it!") Gush about how much you love your home and how much you love BEING home!
3. It will help your cause if before the presentation you can develop a phobia of traveling.
4. When they start telling you the story about the father who took his handicap daughter to Italy...........hold back the tears!!! DON'T under any circumstance let them see you cry. To be honest with you, I think I have heard that one before.
5. Any time they mention the word "owner" in your mind replace it with the word "sucker."
For example when they tell you if you were an OWNER you could vacation in Minnesota the third week in January for $40,000.00, you need to mentally re-phrase that as if you were a SUCKER you could vacation in Minnesota the third week in January an so on.
6. Finally,the presentation time is a good time to mentally release those swear words that have been building in your head all week. Once you have let them out, return to that happy place mentioned in tip #1.
May the Force be with you.

10 comments:

ross Walker said...

Funny you should mention it, it just so happens I got that call last night and in my head the words kept repeating "...but i thought the Booths were our friends?!"

p.s. If a guy calls to schedule a time to pick up your Volvo for "Kars for Kidney", just tell him it was a mistake. :)

K.Booth said...

Like I said Ross a different Chad and Kelli Booth there are a ton of us out there.

Rip Curl Mom said...

Do a ton of you have an angry mob after you?

K.Booth said...

NO....not me and Chad all we have are our beloved family and friends......the "other Chad and Kelli Booths" I am not permitted to speak on their behalf......since I have never met them.......although I have picked up a prescription of theires a time or two at the pharmacy....completely by mistake of course.

Tesha said...

lol ~

Ferguson Family said...

Kelli I save all my swear words in my head for testimony meeting on Sunday, but I suppose I could let a few out early.

Erica said...

I love that entry. Very funny! We sat through one of those at Myrtle Beach for tickets to Dixie Stampede (a Dolly Parton Dinner show). We are really turning into true southerners :)

Butch Tiger said...

Kelli, this post inspires me to write my two experiences. I'll do it on my own blog as it is too long for here. I'm glad you and Chad can go to San Diego. Sounds really fun.

Tesha said...

was lol until i got the phone call ~ thanks :)

The Huntsville Dunns said...

That's funny Tesha....Kelli you are one in a million!!!