skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Happy Easter!!! I always love this time of year. Growing up I have fond memories spending this weekend down in Moab, Goblin Valley or Boulder hunting for hidden eggs among the sand and sagebrush. We had epic egg hunts......there was always an egg hunt for the children and then one for the adults. If you look close at this picture I am sure you will find a plasic egg or two.
It was there amongst the sandstone and desert air that we were first told the story of the Chainsaw Bunny. He is the Easter Bunny's brother and the real "Easter" Bunny of my youth. I was taught early that when you hear the sound, Hop......hop.....drag................Hop...........hop...............drag. It can only mean one thing..........the Chainsaw Bunny is near. Last night, just as I was about to drift to sleep......off in the distance I heard a dog bark and a faint sound that I recognized; hop....hop...drag, hop...hop....drag. The familiar sound lulled me to sleep. I dreamt of a sand stone covered valley dotted with little plastic eggs. Leave it to my Dad to think up a story that combines a fluffy bunny and a chainsaw.
Happy Easter!!!
3 comments:
Hop, hop, drag. This is the sound of the Easter Bunny's brother who got his leg chewed off and so he has a useless stump that flops around and thus the drag sound. One always knows when he is coming. Hop, Hop, drang, the Chainsaw Bunny as getting good use out of his "barking dog in the distance" recording. The people in this frendly town of Eden think, It's just Brown dog or Blue dog barking at things. Yes, the Chainsaw Bunny will be looking in your window tonight. Beware of the smell of gas mixed with oil as it could be fatal.
Actually I've employeed the service of one 'hop hop drag' to take care of a barking dog... just sayin...If you need to get in touch you know where to go..N.
Hop, hop, drag.... not familiar with that....
Hop, hop, drag, slide to the side.... Now that is the new Hannah Montana line dance.... Forgive me I am the father of three little girls... right or wrong I know this stuff.
Post a Comment