Thursday, May 14, 2009

Two must do things before you die.

1. Attend a session of dog obedience school -preferably the puppy class.
2. Attend a six and under soccer game.

Both experiences parallel each other. The coach/trainer pretty much acts like they are in control of the situation, but in reality the puppies/players have total control. They also have no idea that concepts are trying to be taught. In fact the puppies/players usually have no idea that the coaches/trainers are present. All that really matters to them is the treat that comes at the end. Treats are the driving force that get the puppy and the child into the car to attend their school/game. The trainers/coaches of six year olds/puppies are as fun to watch as the kids/dogs themselves. They usually do imaginary kicks, jerks, funny voices etc. in an effort to help the doggie sit and stay/ or help ball into the goal. I don't know if puppy school offers pictures (it didn't when we attended) but, kiddie soccer loves them. Our team didn't want to stick around for them so.....................

This is how your team picture turns out when you are too cheap to buy them from Tot-Shots.


Thanks to the famous Tiffany from Haun Home I even got the idea to take action shots.

And no that is not a sail that Zach is wearing, we accidentally grabbed Carver's soccer shirt instead of his (as a result we had many, many flashdance moments off the shoulder during the game). Even though his jersey is big, he made up for it in his focus during the game.

Like I said puppy school and kiddie soccer...................parallel experiences.

7 comments:

Rip Curl Mom said...

I would like to add that this also much like training a husband. We are still having technical difficulties......

Troy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Troy said...

Kelly W.... It may be to late to train... You are more than likely going to have to take him out behind the woodshed and put him down.... I am sorry to have to tell you this.... Kelli Booth... Good Post... I agree, it is hard just to watch those kids with out imaginary kicks or body movement. They are funny....

Butch Tiger said...

great pics kel, love Zachies little hat.

Tiffanie said...

I have a couple of soccer pictures coming up...they are awesome. Too bad no one had any cones on their heads, that is sweet. I am hoarse after each game from trying to stop Taylor from crawling around on the grass w/ one leg in the air. One day I have hope that Gracie will be able to kick and run simultaneously. Good times.

Ferguson Family said...

In my opinion those pictures are much better than Tot-shots anyway. For an added trip watch a 4-year old t-ball game.

Tesha said...

love the team photo ~ sorry to have missed the last couple :)