Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Trail Running

I am always wary of running by myself. I don't love to run trails alone, I am afraid a moose, mountain lion or Bigfoot might jump out of the bushes and attack. I was running along the north arm trail last month. Just as I was about to round a blind corner the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. I ignored the warning and proceeded ahead only to find two teenagers kissing each other and rolling around in the mud. I was so stunned, I didn't even know what to do. My plan for a moose was to climb a tree. My plan for a mountain lion was to turn around and act real big and scary. My plan for Bigfoot was to create a trail of bread for him to follow so I could lead him home to my dad. But, kissing teenagers??? No plan. They were completely oblivious to me and my plight of having to step over them to continue on the trail. The funniest part about the whole experience is that they didn't even notice me. Clearly the boy wasn't the brightest nail in the bucket, due to the fact that he picked a spot to "hide" about a quarter of a mile up on a public trail. I bet the girl dumps him before school gets out.

8 comments:

Rip Curl Mom said...

I guess the North Arm Trail is the new place to "park". I think you and Chad should try it out. Nothing like sticker weeds to really complete the mood. I think it would be a great place to demo the celestial lingerie!

K.Booth said...

been there done that! The 3rd bridge is a great place for 2 little lovers...(chad's comment)

Wight Family said...

Wow, I'll keep ALL that in mind when I take Mike to park this weekend.

Just don't wear your hair in a pony tail... I heard that cats REALLY like to play with things that bob back and forth... Braid in two braids and weave your headphones into it and turn it up instead.

Wight Family said...

I love that you would bring Big Foot home to your dad... I thought Big Foot WAS your dad?! ;)

Butch Tiger said...

this is an announcement to everyone if you bring a Bigfoot home call ahead so I can get my camera and a rope to tie him up. I won't die until I see one of these bad boys.

susie said...

They're lucky it wasn't me running...because ever since I got bit by a dog on a run, I carry dog mace. What if when they're all muddy they look like dogs and they'd obviously be panting, so I could have easily gotten them confused. Yes, it was good it was you and not me! ;)

Casey * Haley * Avery * Owen said...

Too funny Kelli... love the story. I am glad it was not a moose or mountain lion... that would really be scary!!! You now have something to add to your list of things to watch out for when you run!

Tiffanie said...

Pricklies in my arss? Definite grounds for dumping. I would have stood there and watched them until they noticed me. Nothing like having someone watch you make out. Good stuff.