Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Have you ever thought about what you used to dream you would become when you were little?
Taylor when he was three all he wanted to do was ride a bucking bull.

He loved to watch them on TV. A couple years passed and Then Taylor wanted to be a policeman because he liked the fact that they had computers in their cars. Carver was obsessed with Tractors. He could watch them for hours. Hunting TAC-TORs was a past time. I used to even get calls from grandparents and friends giving me info about where they had just spotted a tac-tor in action. Carver and I were regulars on 25th street watching tac-tors install the amphitheatre. It was our little outing just the two of us. We would pull into Great Harvest grab a cookie and then go and watch all the tractors in action. Zachary also loved tractors and anything else that made a loud noise (-he was definitely a motor head). But, Zachary had a true passion for coloring on walls with markers. He had the gift. In our old house he took a marker and drew across everything from one end to another. He even went right across a picture frame -the glass and all! To this day is the best artist in our family. I was watching Tanner talk to himself while he was playing with the hose and I thought of all the other boys and how they all had a dream when they were his age. I wondered what Tanno dreams of? I wonder if he has any Idea what he wants to become when he grows up? So I asked him. He said he wants to be a Lion.

4 comments:

Butch Tiger said...

These are great Kel. It reminds me of when I asked my mother if I could be a raccoon and she said, "OK."

Rip Curl Mom said...

That is cute beyond words. I can definitely see Tanno as a lion.

Wight Family said...

I love Trac-tor watchin too! Round these parts they drive by so slow you can't miss em!

Tanner The Lion... Roar!!

Tiffanie said...

If you can find a tractor w/ a barbie, stuffed animal or doll in it give us a call and me and my girls will join you. By the way, Maddie wants to be a cookie maker. That works out really well for Gracie as she is an excellent cookie eater.