There is a "tag" running around on facebook. You have to just list 25 things about yourself. Here are 25 things that my dad listed. They are hilarious.
1. I believe in Big Foot and two of my family members have had an experience with him. Go to www.BFRO.org and look up Weber County Utah.
2. If I am killed by a Big Foot my kids have instructions to say it was Big Foot and not a bear. I don’t want to have my life end in a meaningless, boring way.
3. I believe in the spirit of Santa Clause.
4. I believe that Linda is the Easter Bunny because I came in the room one day and there was a foil wrapper to a chocolate egg on the floor and some of that great plastic grass in her pocket. I said, “What are you doing?” She said, “Nothing” and looked down at the ground.
5. I think Daylight Savings time really causes a lot of people problems and that we don’t know it. I think everybody should just be given the option.
6. I love to play in my band. Brad likes the name Dark Horse but I think it should be called, BLACK STUDD THE BAND OF 3 MANBEASTS AND A GIRL. He doesn’t like the name because he said it is too long. I think he might have other reasons he doesn’t like it.
7. I sing in the ward choir but I got in there because they called me the night before to say the opening prayer in Sac Mtg so I sat on the stand and then they called some other guy. So, I didn’t want to look stupid to the congregation so when the choir got up to sing I just got up with them and nobody knew what the deal was. But, then I thought that they might call on me to say the closing prayer so I would look really stupid if I walked down with the choir so I took a big chance and stayed on the stand hoping for a miracle. At the end of the meeting I was glad that they called on me to say the prayer. I later found out that the prayer was for the next week and that’s how I got into the choir.
8. I am now in the choir but I just mouth the words.
9. Sometimes I don’t pay attention when Linda is talking to me. I play like she is talking to me but at some time in the distant future, like 2022 or something like that.
10. I love to call people “buddy.” My brother Scott calls me Mr. Buddy Man. There was a guy in Ogden who had a band and the name of the band was “Bud and his Buddies.” I really like that name but not as much as the name in #6 above.
11. I like to eat real healthy foods but that’s usually only when I’m dreaming.
12. I hate it when I have too much Twinkie and not enough Coke.
13. I once tried to save a little boy from drowning at the old Patio Springs but he was just swimming by.
14. I flew home from Guam wearing only my bathing suit and a Hawaiian shirt and while in Hawaii on the layover they wouldn’t let me in the Captain’s club of which I was a member. The lady brought me out drinks anyway.
15. I am a real fast typist but I’m sorta slow using spell check.
16. Growing up I rode and trained horses. I actually am quite good at it.
17. I trained a dog to “Stay” while he was in his crate.
18. I love to create stuff, i.e. tree house, picture, music, writing, etc.
19. I observe everything. I am aware of everything around me. I can feel the heat of a person who walks past. I love to observe detail
20. When I see kids whose parents I know I observe how they carry themselves and who they resemble.
21. Mother Nature is all the proof I need to document the existence of God.
22. I try to act on the spirit when it calls without hesitation and that has benefited me greatly.
23. I know that the spirit world is right on top of us. The veil is always very thin.
24. I love my friends in school and I love to look at old pictures and see the changes.
25. I must be connected to something or someone all the time. This list could go on for days.
Cross-stitch
8 years ago

6 comments:
These are two I forgot:
26. They say money can't buy everything but I would like to rent a gaint warehouse like the one just outside of St. George and see how much stuff I could buy. I wouldn't buy anything from the DI because that wouldn't count.
Nanci Lewis Christensen at 9:43pm February 3
I have a building for sale or rent here in Ogden. You could use that. I'll give you a deal!!!!
David Lewis Carver at 9:48pm February 3
Let me get the money first and then I'll start buying stuff. I don't want to buy stuff first and then have to take it back because I didn't have any money I just "thought" I had money.
David Lewis Carver at 9:24am February 4
1.a Many people believe that Bigfoot is Cain in the Bible but I know he is not. I believe he is a decendant of Rusty, Cain's brother that we don't know much about.
I wonder if Big Foot is alkaline?
Tiff is correct in that assumption. Being a vegatarian (sp) he would be and since he eats meat sparingly, especially humans he is alkaline. Good observaton Tiff.
This is Monica. I work with Heidi. I have decided that your dad is the Andy Kauffman of Utah. He is either a genius or absolutely insane. None of us will ever know which in this lifetime.
Kelli, I'm so glad that I've had the privledge (sp) of getting to know your family. Your parents are a riot and I know now where you and Jamie get it from... Fun people are most often raised by fun people.
I love you ALL! You crack me up every single day! Thanks TONS!
Number 4 is hands down my favorite. Sounds like something Jack Handy would say.
Post a Comment