Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Vegas.

I thought it was time to get my priorities straight and post about our cousin's trip to Vegas.

There is only one way to do vegas: in a white mini-van with Patty, Lisa, Emily and Jamie. And if you are brave enough, let Jamie drive, enter a Trader Joe's w/ Emily, go dancing with Patty and go Jewelry shopping with Lisa (I bought so much Jewelry!). I imagine, when I am old and gray (which apparently is now), and hard of hearing, and facing the end of my life..............I think I will look back on this trip and I will laugh as hard in fifty years as I do now. It was that fun!



Here are some highlights from our cousin weekend.
trader joes las vegas
1. TRADER JOE'S: This is what Jason Love had to say about Las Vegas, he said, "Las Vegas: all the amenities of modern society in a habitat unfit to grow a tomato." Well, apparently Jason wasn't a shopper and for the record Jason, Trader Joe's does sell tomatoes.....we know..........we went there.................twice!!!

2. My own personal episode of Cops. I got pulled over.................the cop even had back-up. He was a jerk. I even said,"I am glad you pulled me over, I didn't notice that my lights weren't turned on." Really what I was thinking was, "I wonder if the cop can see that basil plant in the backseat...........it sure doesn't loook like basil from here." Then as he was looking up the insurance info on the car I thought,

basil
"I am sure, the grossest city in America, where people are walking around half-naked with beer necklaces around their necks and you are pulling over a little mormon girl driving in a mini-van full of groceries..............spare me!" I bet he couldn't make it as a stripper cop and so he is taking it out on the women driving mini-vans.

3. This next picture is blurry, but I had to post it because it is one of the few where we are all in the picture.

ouside ceasers

Also this is the spot where a guy came up to my cousin Lisa and asked her, "if she would....................." Well, she thought he was going to ask her if she would show him her boobs, but instead he just asked, "if she would take a picture of him." I was proud of her for not flashing the guy.

4. Our night out on the town!!!!!!! Chad and Nick still don't believe we went dancing. But, I have pictures to prove it!

outside pure

Photobucket

Photobucket

After dancing up a storm (with purses and cameras in tow) we were feeling young and spry. And despite being the only ones wearing actual clothing in the club, we feeling hip and in the know. It wasn't five minutes after we left the club, that some punky teenagers came up to us and said, "Hey, MOMs where you guys going?".....................HEY, MOMS? are you serious? The best pick up line you could think of was "HEY MOMs". It was funny because Patty whipped around and said back to them, "do we look like MOMs to you?" Lisa would like me to point out at this time that she was not near us when this incident occured and that no one ever accused her of being a mom.

I did learn some new moves I am thinking of sharing with the youth extravagaza. Lots of hip thrust action..................................then again maybe not.

casino


5. You know you don't gamble very much when you show up to Vegas without any money. I love this picture, because Lisa is confident that Emily and Jamie are going to let her gamble away their mooola -which she did.

lisa gambling

4. Shopping: We ran the gamut on this one. We hit Nordy's first and it all went downhill from there. I even made friends with a stripper waiting in line at Ross. Here is a picture of us unloading things from the car.

the goods


Photobucket


van

With that we bid Adieu to Vegas............................until next time!

6 comments:

Sheri said...

looks like a ton of fun!

Rip Curl Mom said...

How fun! Can I be adopted into the fam? I want to be a cousin for sure!

susie said...

Hey! That's my trader joes!!! I used to live right behind it and i bought my piano at that music store!!! LOVE trader joes and am jealous of your vegas fun!!!

Tiffanie said...

Do cousin-in-laws get to go to Vegas? I can't wait!

Tesha said...

enjoy your youth, by the time i can get out again, i'll be too old ;) glad you had fun - so fun to laugh

Butch Tiger said...

So dang much fun. I'd love to have been a fly on the wall. It was good for all of you to get out and be "Girls gone Wild" for a while. Love it.