Thursday, February 11, 2010

What to Wear?


Well, someone in heaven is torturing me. I have been called to help teach the youth in the Valley multiple songs and dances for a spectacular Extravaganza!!! Sooo...here is the funny part. I don't sing and I don't dance......well not sober anyway (I don't drink either). My first rehearsal to learn dance numero uno was last month. (My claim to fame in that area in life is my sister, in junior high, was the alternate cheerleader. Thus technically if somebody died she would have been a cheerleader. Also my friend Haley's sister was a cheerleader). I showed up to the extravaganza, in boots, jeans, hat, and coat. Everyone else shows up in stretchy pants and pink jump suits. They spread us out over the gym floor and sure enough as my luck would be is I am dead center. Which wouldn't be so bad but someone with a sick and twisted mind decided it would be a good idea to video the leaders doing the dance. So there I am dead center, dancing with the stars (the sparkly, perky jumpsuits) dropping f bombs in my head. Not knowing where to look because if I looked straight I was looking into the camera (that I was praying was going to say "you've just been punk'd), and if I looked to my side it would look like i didn't know what he%# I was doing (which I didn't). Tonight is round two, where I get to go learn another song and dance (which is good because I have already forgotten the first one we learned). My dilemma is this do I wear my swimsuit, with tights under it, so I look like a dancer, or do I wear my black velor jumpsuit with some tinfoil underneath to add a touch of sparkle to my moves? If it helps to make up your mind the music is spiritual pop.........the kind that can causes the gag reflux.......and I do love that swimming suit.

6 comments:

Tiffanie said...

Blessings are just falling out of the sky and landing on you! I would pay LOTS and LOTS of good money to own that video. Who do I have to blackmail to get a copy? You are truly a blessed individual. I am expecting many great and wonderful things. All I can say is, God bless. Oh and THANK HEAVEN'S ITS NOT ME! I could never pull of a swim suit and aluminum foil like you can.

Casey * Haley * Avery * Owen said...

Kelli, I vote for the swimsuit with tights. You did sport that well many years ago at the Halloween party. Add some leg warmers for the final touch. If anyone can pull this off... it's you. I can't wait to hear more... what an adventure... you will be blessed for doing this!

Rip Curl Mom said...

You can totally borrow my gold digger outfit. I think you would fit right in.

Lisa Carter said...

Kiki, "you lift me up, higher than the mountains, you raise me up..." You have very literally made my day, perhaps my week. Oh the mental imagery!

Brandon said...

My wife, Emily, directed me to your blog due to my distain for the Youth Extravaganza. She told me about your little ordeal, and sismter, I feel your pain (well, not as bad, I don't have to go to the adult practices - nor do I have to stress about fitting into a sparkly jumpsuit).

Urgh. Please tell me what pretending to put on an Opening Ceremony for the pre-mortal Olympics has to do with religion? I'm looking to become a baptist, if you know anyone who could swing me that way...

Brandon said...

By the way, in case you are wondering who Brandon is...

I'm Brandon Mason. Humongous guy and Nick and Jamies freind. We hung out once, and my wife loves your blog.