Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Truck in the Muck!

Two nights ago a truck got stuck in our yard.....major stuck, in the muck. A backhoe was then called to retrieve the truck, that was stuck in the muck. The backhoe, while pulling the truck from the muck, tipped over, in the muck........ it too got totally stuck. A tow truck showed up to dig out the backhoe that fell in the muck, trying to pull out the truck that was still stuck. The tow truck was able to get the backhoe and the truck out of the muck, (it took three hours....yuck!) What scares me is not the muck, or the truck that was stuck.......but that we were able to sleep through the truck driving off the road and into the muck and the sound of everything getting stuck. Why is it you can sleep through all that BIG action, and not be able sleep through a tiny fly that is buzzing up and down the window.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

wow... I missed it too! And I am a very light sleeper or so I thought!

pepper said...

How funny and Exciting! I sometimes get nervous of a car driving into our living room... we are so close to the road but Mark keeps insisting it's impossible, though I have trouble believing him, why would it be impossible? Also I am pretty sure I would wake up. You are so lucky to have space.