This picture makes me laugh! This is where I found myself Monday morning at 9:55.......... waiting outside the D.I for it's doors to open. When the manager finally came and unlocked the doors, the crowd RAN hysterically into the store with all legs charging. It was like being in Pamplona on the day of the running of the bulls. During the stampede all I could think about to stay alive was to keep my legs moving (kind of like how they tell you to swim, to keep above the snow, if you are ever caught in an avalanche). I about got ran over by a grandma yielding a very aggressive walker (I am pretty sure she was faking the handicap and using the walker as a blocking device.......a very effective strategy I might add). Chalk one up for me for surviving with all limbs intact. And I highly recommend shoulder pads for any of you who might find themselves standing outside the D.I at 9:55 a.m.****On a side note if you want to get good door positioning for the opening I suggest that you arrive by 9:40 a.m

2 comments:
I won't ask what you were doing at the D.I. that early. Hopefully you weren't buying your Dad a shirt.
Nice! I love the DI...don't know if I have ever sat there waiting for it to open but I will put it on my list of "things to do." You make me proud!
Post a Comment