Friday, January 15, 2010

Dew Tour

The Dew tour is in town up at Snowbasin. It is an extreme skiing/snowboarding event. Chad and Ross (his manager from Lotoja) volunteered for the event. Here are some pictures Chad snapped from his day on the "Tour."

Photobucket

The above shot is looking out of the starting gate.

The picture below is a large jump with a very large gap that the snowboarders clear as they do their tricks. That is Ross, his job is to catch any snowboarder that doesn't clear the gap. Look at his intensity..........ready at a moment's notice to save a Dew Tour participant from harm. I assure you, they are in good hands.

Photobucket

The next shots are pictures taken from the gap as the boarders fly over Chad and Ross' heads and through the air.

Photobucket

I love that you can see how high they really are in this picture with the mountains in the background.

Photobucket

Tail grab.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This next shot was my favorite with the sun shining. (This is how I picture that light everyone sees before they die......."walk toward the light").

Photobucket



Photobucket

Here is a shot at the Half-pipe. The finals are Tomorrow at 5:30 at night (for the half-pipe). So if you don't have anything to do and you are into big air, we will see you there.

Photobucket


Photobucket

I can't remember this guy's name, Chad told me but I forgot. He is arguably the best downhill snowboard rider in the world....(or was it country.......or was it Utah.....or was it huntsville) any way if Ross ends up catching him, I hope he gets his autograph. I have my hand warmers set out along with every other piece of warm clothing that I own. See you bright and early at the Dew!

4 comments:

JessalynKate said...

Is it Shawn White????

TeamTyson said...

Offer to put him up for the night in Taylor's bed! I still laugh when I think about that. Have fun and try not to freeze....it sounds really cold!

The Huntsville Dunns said...

Those pictures were awesome....Chad did a good job!

Ferguson Family said...

Great pics! Tristyn and I saw a few of the events when we were up there. Those guys are amazing.