Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Priorities

Last year Zachie invited a friend to come over and play. I had to drive and drop off a paper before we were to head home. We weren't in the car five minutes until his friend started upchucking all over the seat and himself. I pulled over to the side of the road, got the little guy out of the car where he proceeded to barf and barf (I had no idea a four year-old could throw up twice his body weight). As I was holding Zach's friend while he puked, Zach looked on intently, mesmerized by all the throw-up. He then, looked over at me and casually said, "MOM.............................can I play with a different friend?" It was one of those funny moments; there we were pulled over on the side of a busy road, knee deep in throw-up, the car stunk beyond belief, there were chunks of hot dogs spewed all over half the back seat and all Zach could worry about was what friend he was going to play with, now that his "intended" friend was clearly on his way home. Priorities, we learn them very early in life don't we.

P.S
Just for the record and so I don't get any, "remind me never to ride in your car comments" Yes my car was detailed, clean out, shampooed, by none other than Moi, myself and I.

4 comments:

The Huntsville Dunns said...

GROSS!!! You are a saint! My question is, Did Zach get another friend that day?

Wight Family said...

Disgusting. I keep ziploc gallon size bags in my car specifically for that kind of thing. I'm sorry you had to detail it. I would have paid to have it done if MY kid had harfed all over your car. May it never happen!!! You're awesome!

Tiffanie said...

Hot dog puke is my favorite kind! Something special about the texture.

TeamTyson said...

Cousy I have been catching up on your blog. You make me laugh. Always so entertaining! I am back in blogging world so I can stay caught up on the commings and goings of the Booth Crew!