Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tanner and the Toilet Seat.

Last week Nanner got LuLu's potty training seat stuck around his neck.
It was identical to the one in the above picture. The kids came tearing in the back door yelling that Tanner had a toilet stuck on his head. Tanner was a few paces behind them, walking with his head down, supported by a large white collar. He looked something like this:

A few questions have entered my mind in the days following the incident.

1. Did he look at the seat and think, "I wonder if I can get my head through that hole."

2. Was the seat currently sitting on a toilet at the time when he thought the above mentioned thought. (I have to add -was the toilet empty??)

3. Also, in the past I don't recall ever speaking with other mothers about what they did when their child got the toilet seat stuck around their neck. Thus, I believe I might be a pioneer in this area, braving uncharted territory.

And on that note, I will end by saying pioneering can be dirty work.

5 comments:

Lisa Carter said...

I have always though of you as a pioneer in all ideas, so this fits you perfectly. I do want to add a little story of my little, sweet, precious, and feminine Averie. Ethan took her to the bathroom in the men's room at a restaurant the other night. Apparently she went potty in the urinal, and then grabbed the "splash pad" with both hands and smelled it.
Ha, top that!

K.Booth said...

K lisa that is hilarious!!! And that totally tops having a toilet seat around your neck. That little averie sure is precious!

Jen Booth said...

We came home from our 2 weeks in Huntsville with a new scapegoat for everything. Every time I ask Sasha if he did something even remotely wrong he says "I not did it, maybe Tanner did it" in a sweet sort of questioning tone. Your story makes me more likely to believe that Tanner did, indeed, do it.

Wight Family said...

HAHAHAHA!!! Too funny!! Sorry you have to be a pioneer in such dirty uncharted territory. But someone has to do it. Can't think of a better gal!!

But I can think: "why didn't her older boys think of this first? That Nanner has got a very inquisitive way about him. LOOK OUT!"

Ferguson Family said...

That's too funny. You just gotta hope that he didn't get the idea by watching the dog drink out of the toilet and was trying to do the same thing.