Tuesday, July 7, 2009

River Trip

Every once in a while, Heaven is really earth.
We spent the week before the 4th of July floating the Main of the Salmon River, A.K.A the River of No Return. I think they call it that because, after a couple of days on the river you have no desire to return to your "former" life. It was a magical trip, the only thing missing from it was Zachary.............and Tanner. Here is our trip in snapshots.
This is the gear and the rafts at the put in.

Part of the crew.
Our raft.

The Bros (-it was so fun to float w/ these two!)

(Look how muscle-y my arm looks in this picture, I might start wearing a flotation device on a regular basis to help with my "curb appeal")

Taylor lining up for nut toss. This game is taken VERY, VERY seriously on the river. There was even a river trip tournament.......with brackets and everything. Guess who ended up in the finals??.................None other than Mrs. Kelli Booth. But, I have no photos to prove my rise to the top. But, Taylor and Carver have bright futures in nut toss, I can see them following in their mother's footprints.

Chad and Clay dueling to the death.

Brothers and bunny ears.

The result of brothers and bunny ears.


The bros at the hot springs.
Chad radioing to the other rafts.

I think 84% of all pictures of me are when I have something in my mouth. Another 14% I have my eyes closed (the last 2% is hit and miss). Needless to say, we ate like kings, hence, in remembrance of all the good food I will post one of many pictures of me eating.

.
Chad and Tommy Striking the same pose


Chill'n
Taylor Back flipping off the raft
Carver Jumping off a bridge

Under this splash is Taylor.

This is a picture of my oldest son jumping.

I loved this rocky beach!!!



I forgot my sunglasses at home. Hence I ended up buying these bad boys at a gas station in Salmon Idaho. $11.99, for these Jackie O's. By Day three I was getting really attached to them.


Unfortunately for me day three was the day, I fell out...er. did I say fall out?? It was more like ejected out of the raft. That event turned this cute little girl above into looking.......

Like this. It broke my glasses and I lost my FAVORITE hat. No more Jackie O, for the rest of the trip. Trust me -we all suffered.

The local wildlife.

The boys taking over the raft.

Chad videoing while the boys man the oars.
A crawling tree.
Camp #4.
This camp site was out of a fairytale.
Look how cool the shower was.

The sunset on our last night. We had a small rain storm blow through and when it cleared the sky turned the most amazing color.

8 comments:

Ferguson Family said...

That looks like a blast! Nut toss? Can't they come up with a better name than that? Nothing better than being in the great outdoors.

JessalynKate said...

Kelli, it looks like you had an awesome trip! I need to get in on one of those before we get shipped out of Utah (not that that's in the near future, but it's always a possibility). Sorry about your glasses. I always find great ones at Ross.

Rip Curl Mom said...

Looks like a blast. I am especially impressed with your muscular arms. What's your secret? I mean, besides the life jacket?

Tesha said...

we'd love to join sometime! looks so fun!

mama fish said...

I think that is a record number of pictures on a post for you and I loved it! I had no idea you went. You need to share your adventures more often. BTW it was great to see you on the 4th!

Lana said...

That looks like such a FUN trip. Idaho is the best isnt it!!!!! I can't believe your boys jumping off bridges and such! I dont think my kids would EVER dare! That is awesome. You are still just as cute and in shape as ever! You and Chad are awesome parents to teach your kids things like river rafting. I think I need to start being a little more adventurous.

The Huntsville Dunns said...

I love all your pictures kel, especially the one of you without your hat and your new glasses! Ha ha that was a classic!

Casey * Haley * Avery * Owen said...

Now that looks like a fabulous fourth of July. Way to fun and relaxing. Gorgeous pictures... we can't wait to move back to the mountains, pines, and wilderness....craving it badly. You look great Kelli, love the shades. I am glad you guys had a fun trip!