
Happy Thanksgiving!!! I was reminiscing about Thanksgivings gone by earlier today and I was laughing about a few of them. Growing up my aunt Nancy always had Thanksgiving at her home. I remember fondly the year she had an "adult" table and a "kids" table. I am pretty sure I was about twelve or thirteen at the time, because it was the year Aunt Nancy finally got the drapes she had been waiting for. And like the shot heard 'round the world in Concord, nobody will fess up to who fired the first round, but the next thing I knew is I was scooping up mashed potatoes to join in the fun. Corn, potatoes, rolls.....I remember lots of orange rolls flying, it was like a scene you swear doesn't ever happen in real life..................that is what made it so irresistible. I knew it was wrong, but for the record I think I only threw one or two spoonfuls. And for the record I was sitting in front of the drapes w/ my to them, thus Aunt Nancy this should clear my name as a suspect in whoever actually made multiple hits on those fancy new drapes. We never had a "kids" table after that until we all were married off (Aunt Nancy is a wise one), but I have to admit there have still been times when I look at a heaping pile of mashed potatoes and I am tempted to flick some across the table to an unsuspecting bystander just to relive the memory!
What are your fun memories you have about Thanksgiving? Hope you have a great holiday......................Especially you, Aunt Nancy!

6 comments:
I dont remember any kids faces, just looking at the drapes, in total shock. I have narrowed the suspect list down to David, and Nate. I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Ahhh the memories. Don't forget the Thanksgiving with the Fishers. Who could forget little Eric spitting in the stuffing. I think my mom is right, I am pretty sure David or Nate started the food fight. I remember having mashed potatoes in my hair. Good times, good times! Hope you guys have a good thanksgiving, we will miss seeing you. Throw some mashed potatoes today for me =)
Mine is driving to Nevada to spend Thanksgiving with my Uncle and Aunt. We drove all night (12 hour drive). we arrived really super early, like 4 am. My dad wouldn't let us go ring the doorbell to go inside because he felt bad waking everyone up. We tried to sleep in the FREEZING cold car but we were shivering too bad. Finally when a light flipped on at 6, I bolted for the house even though he was calling me to come back! My aunt and uncle laughed their heads off and told us we were crazy.
Luckily for you 'memory lane' folks with your sappy memories. Cant you see that whole post was an invitation to Booths for a food fight?! I am on my way!!!!!
I'm so glad you've been cleared of the drape trashing. Poor Nancy!
I get that itch too. To fling a bite of sticky, buttery, fluffy mashed goodness at someone. Then I have to bite my finger to get it to stop itching like that.
OH, watch out!! Ross is on his way!! I'll hurry and put away my potatoes just in case he doesn't have his own ammo.
HUH? Now lets everyone stay calm. Me and David are the ones that have been narrowed out? I will speak for David as well here and say that just isn’t true. If you could scan back a few more years you would remember the year that little David and I walked over to pick up the big heaping bowl of mashed potatoes for a party of 20. Only to walk away with a bowl that wouldn’t even feed 2 people. The look on our faces as we arrived with that. You honestly can't remember that desperate and rejected look? I have thought about seeking professional help because of that moment. If we have 10 people eating mashed potatoes I make enough for 100. So if you think I would willingly waste mashed potatoes you are wrong! dead wrong! Even dare I say it…….DEAD DEAD WRONG!!. Now to fire back in self defense is another story.
For some reason I can picture Kelly kind of slouched down with an evil look in her eye just as she let the spoon full fly.
Nate
Post a Comment