skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Well, tomorrow Grandma Irene a.k.a Grandma Hunter turns 91!!! Yep that's right the old grey mare is still what she used to be. I just have to pay homage to this great lady who has had such a fun influence on my life and the life of my family's. Happy Birthday Grandma, we love you!!! Here are some fun facts about grandma Hunter:
- She once dated Joe Demaggio...(the story has gotten a lot better w/ age)
- Back in the day, she was a switchboard operator for the phone company. She knew everything going on in Ogden, as Irene and her friends at the phone company would "freely" tap into the phone conversations of politicians and hookers alike.
- She was a Grand Marshall for the Ogden Rodeo Days.
- She is the only person who can bypass a very long restroom line (by going in through the exit) and get away w/ it. I have seen this strategy played out several times at the orange county swap meet, and disneyland. Sometimes I have seen her enter the men's restroom, that strategy works as well.
- She loves to eat doughnuts, and refer to them as a roll. (I think mentally this helps to keep the calorie count down).
- She is a huge economic boost to Ogden, she alone can keep a good ross store in business for years. Not to mention.....now what is the name of the store that Jamie likes???.....You know the one w/ the red sign...T.J something.
- She takes a lot of joy in seeing me eat. She always says, "boy Kelli, it is nice to see you eat. I haven't seen you eat like that for a long time." The funny part is she sees me eat the same amount everytime I'm w/ her and she always says that.
- Her mother only weighed ninety pounds. She was a petite little thing. When she died the mortician told her that her mother had one of the nicest bodies that he had ever seen. (She loves to tell this story)
- She is the only person that can confuse the word condominium w/ the word condom. Needless to say, she had a friend stay down in florida in one of the biggest condoms on the beach!
- She is also the only living breathing person who can function, w/ a hole in her heart, "no vertabrets", a missing spleem, a broken back, diverticulitus, and lots and lots of scar tissue...............not to mention all that is going on "down there."
5 comments:
Happy birthday Grandma Hunter! I hope to be as awesome as you someday. Those were some interesting facts about her....what a great lady :)
Oh the latest conversation I had with grandma was on Friday...It went like this: "Honey I can't find my ATM card and with the conomy how it is everyones trying to make a quick buck, I'm gettin a little nervous that I can't find my card" Oh I LOVE Grandma Hunter, I can't believe that after tomorrow she will be darn near 92!
I would love to meet your grandma after all of the funny stories I have heard you guys tell! Happy Birthday grandma!
I could listen forever about Grandma Hunter - I think you and Heidi get your humor from her. Happy Birthday Grandma Hunter - thanks for the memories.
I say "ditto" to all the comments. What a funny gal! Happy B-day Grandma!!
Post a Comment