
It is funny I have a hard time getting to nine o'clock church on time. In fact it totally overwhelms me getting four boys bathed, teeth brushed (yeah right), shirts ironed (yeah right), socks on (almost never) and hair combed (we are about 50/50 on the hair combing). But get me to Target @ five in the morning for a great sale -no problem! Despite the fact that I spent the entire yesterday cooking and cleaning.....no problem! I even had my teeth brushed and mascara on my eyes or was it my lips? The great temptation of Tupperware on sale, and lots of other stuff that I don't need................I'm in!! I haven't been shopping the day after Thanksgiving for three years. But, once we hit twelfth street in the pitch dark and saw all the other cars headlights beaming in the distance it was like slipping on a comfy pair of slippers (slippers were on sale by the way @ Shopko). I was totally in my element -every corner unveiled a new dimension into the human psyche. It was the thrill of victory and the bitter sting of defeat all played out on a grand stage of utter chaos.
Here is my ode to all the players who showed up to the game. To the two ladies fighting over the camcorder in WALmart............life's a bi*** isn't it? To the husband giving his wife the lecture about spending too much as they are checking out............the train has already left the station, buddy, if you are not on board then get out of the way (twenty bucks says he stays home next year). To the mother who toted around a screaming newborn to score a prize for a sleeping child @ home...............hang in there tiger, we've all been there. To the worker who laughed in my face when I asked for my sought after prize............you must not have children so I will forgive you. But, to the worker who carried the desired prize in the bottom of a "discarded" items cart..........I could tell you were special from the moment you turned the corner. Your goodness beamed! To my sister Jamie, eagle eye, who spotted the object of my desire..........you truly have been blessed w/ a gift and it was a humbling experience watching you in action. AND I am proud to be your sister. To the woman who was hooting and hollering when she found that long lost video player. Thanks for sharing your Joy! Tears welled in my eyes when I saw pure happiness sweep across your tired face. And finally to the woman who budded in front of me in the checkout line @ the fabric store....................your fabric was ugly, so, so ugly!!!
Here is my ode to all the players who showed up to the game. To the two ladies fighting over the camcorder in WALmart............life's a bi*** isn't it? To the husband giving his wife the lecture about spending too much as they are checking out............the train has already left the station, buddy, if you are not on board then get out of the way (twenty bucks says he stays home next year). To the mother who toted around a screaming newborn to score a prize for a sleeping child @ home...............hang in there tiger, we've all been there. To the worker who laughed in my face when I asked for my sought after prize............you must not have children so I will forgive you. But, to the worker who carried the desired prize in the bottom of a "discarded" items cart..........I could tell you were special from the moment you turned the corner. Your goodness beamed! To my sister Jamie, eagle eye, who spotted the object of my desire..........you truly have been blessed w/ a gift and it was a humbling experience watching you in action. AND I am proud to be your sister. To the woman who was hooting and hollering when she found that long lost video player. Thanks for sharing your Joy! Tears welled in my eyes when I saw pure happiness sweep across your tired face. And finally to the woman who budded in front of me in the checkout line @ the fabric store....................your fabric was ugly, so, so ugly!!!

6 comments:
You're a hoot! I love ya. Good luck on the Sunday thing. Odds are in our favor in January!
I'll be shopping tomorrow. Maternity clothes are 50% off at Shopko. I have never gone shopping the day after Thanksgiving... I don't know if I'm made of the right stuff, and I certainly don't have any eagle eye sisters! Congrats!!
Someone cut in line in front of you at the fabric store? That same thing happened to us (Nikki, Holly, and I) at Joann this afternoon! We had just waited in the the super-long line when suddenly a new set of people appeared in front of us. Like we wouldn't notice that they hadn't been standing in front of us for 15-20 minutes.
I admire your determination with the Black Friday sales. You must be really dedicated. Was that "object of your desire" a visiting teaching gift for me? Can't wait to see what you got me.
I too braved "black Friday" and the 1hr 45 min line. I wouldn't trade it though. I would feel like I'm missing out on something if I didn't go. It would be a blast to see the Carvers, and the Vanzwedens join together on some door busters. Now that I think about it, Nancy and Linda would make a threatening combo to anyone who got in their way-something to think about.:)
Oh yeah, waiting 100 numbers to get my fabric cut is not something I'll do next year. That was my true Black Friday experience. I'm done.
But, I do have to admit there was something great about working together as a family to get the prize. Carly grabs the numbers, Holly gets in line, And I get the fabric. There was some serious teamwork there and now we are closer because of it. Maybe Black Friday wasn't so bad afterall.
You two are addicted, but I loves ya anyways...
I still can't believe that Linda didn't go. She has been living this tradition for years! I do know that she can actually be in two places at once and I kept my eye on her as she worked around the house and the car never left the garage-to my knowledge. Amazing
Post a Comment