Saturday, October 25, 2008

Lost Keys, Sleep, & The Boogie Man

Tagged!

7 quirky habits about
Kelli BOoth:

Quirk #1: I have a knack for losing keys and cell phones.

Quirk #2: I am a total self talker!! I always have a running commentary in my head. This probably won't surprise some you, but I talk to myself, objects, animals, food, my dead grandma (I threw this in to keep those of you reading on your toes) frequently. Sometimes this is a fault, because it is hard to remember things like where you put the keys, if you are solving global warming in your head. Self-Talk is also frustrating when in mid conversation you have to stop and look for keys, or your phone. The worst part is when you do find your keys, you have forgotten what the two of you were talking about.


Quirk #3: I like to fall asleep w/ a pillow over my head. whether I am sleeping on my side or on my stomach (the only two ways I can sleep), I prefer a pillow. And I ALSO agree w/ Kelly #1, I don't like to breath other people's air.


Quirk #4: When I wake up from a really good dream, I try really hard to close my eyes and finish the good dream............you know the one where you landed a perfect ten in the Olympic gymnastic competition and the judges are about to award you w/..................then BAM! flash!..... there is a two year old crowding you out of your bed and he needs some milk AND your pillow (the pillow that was covering your head, the one that you neeeeed to get back to the Olympics). Well you get the picture.


Quirk #5: I have some major sleep issues. I usually wake during the night for extended periods of time, I am not sure what causes it? I read, now blog, clean, (I got my whole closet organized the other night) or get in the tub. Most of the time I am lucky enough to eventually fall back to sleep, sometimes not.


Quirk #6: Quirk #6 also goes along w/ quirk #2. Not only am a self- talker but, I am also a self-swearer. This quirk has come on late in life, but it is there none the less. I hope one day to repent and rid myself of this, but "a journey of a thousand miles begins w/ one step"(and it is hard to go far, when you can't find your keys!). Anyway, I frequently swear in my head, usually not out loud (at least not much), but if I give you a look like you are acting like a dumb A, and you are wondering if I am thinking that in my head. The look follows the thought, and you are a little late to the party. So catch up. Now please tell me where you hid my phone.


Quirk #7: I don't like to watch scary movies, even at Halloween time. I have a big enough imagination I don't need Hollywood to give me any other ideas of ways that the Boogie man can sneak into my house and take my keys..........oops did I say keys, I meant to say kids.

8 comments:

Rip Curl Mom said...

I love it! You are hilarious! I have a ton of sleep issues as well. Next time I will call you on this phone I found at your house and see if you are up;)

The Huntsville Dunns said...

Kelly you are so funny, I never knew those things about you. I didn't know you had a issue with swearing in your head. I can see it now.....You are 80 years old and you cussing at all the grandkids out loud and then talking to yourself. ha ha Love ya.

TeamTyson said...

Funny, I have seen that look on your face...when I know that you are swearing in your head. It is usually when Grandma has just finished saying that she "doesn't get out much", or that she hasn't had much to eat today....

Tiffanie said...

Good job Kel. Love readin the quirks. Keep it up. By the way, did you find your way to our blog?

Tiff

Tiffanie said...

Dammit!

The White House said...

You crack me up. I love reading tags you learn so much about a person.

mama fish said...

I was laughing so hard at this. I do all of those things except the wake in the night and do whatever bit. That would totally tick me off. I guess we are similar in the fact that we are both going to hell for those naughty potty words running through our heads-mine worse than yours-I'm sure!

Sarajane said...

hey, it is fun to read your blog. your Halloween party looks like it was a blast. wish I was in Hawaii with Jamie and Nicholas right now don't you?