Friday, June 26, 2009

THRILLER

Don't you just remember the first time you saw thriller?


Or the first time you listened to the Album?

Rember when you learned the Moon walk?

And Remember when you used to only put on one glove, joke around and talk in a really high voice?

And Remember how Captain EO saved the day??

What makes me pause and think about his death, is all the memories I have where Micheal Jackson's music is playing in the background. I still can't get over the fact that he was fifty? Fifty............ really? I thought he was some where around thirty? Where did the time go? Listening to his early music takes me right back to when I was in second grade riding home from Patio Springs, w/ Jamie and my cousin Patty, all the while Thriller, Billy Jean or Beat it was playing on the radio. AND, just for the record, I am still mad Disney got rid of Captain EO. Godspeed Captain.

4 comments:

Rip Curl Mom said...

I LOVED Captain EO! totally forgot about it. Funny, I posted about MJ today too.

Nikki said...

While watching all the news about Michael Jackson Aaron turned to me and said the same thing you did "Do you remember where you were when you first saw Thriller?" I do remember, but an even stronger memory to me is in 1st or 2nd grade probably when Emily Toone got on the bus, collapsed into one of the seats and said in a dramatic voice, "Michael Jackson burned his hair!"
Michael Jackson was a huge cultural figure. When he first came out he was the definition of cool. It's been fun to reminisce. Because of his death we've all had a chance to remember the Michael we used to idolize.

Ferguson Family said...

Do I remember? Silly question. Every third Saturday I put on my white sparkly glove and moon walk around the house with Thriller blaring over the stereo...

Tiffanie said...

Hey, what about the crotch grab? That was a definite highlight of my growing up years.