My Fifteen books:
1. Scarlet Letter/Les Miserable -I have probably read these books fifteen times for school assignments. I think they are the all time favorite for High School and College English teachers everywhere (I received by B.S in English). If any of you need a Scarlet Letter/ Les Mes report for your child I have a bunch of Kelli Carver/Booth originals I will be willing to sell.
2. Beauty (Robin Mckinley)- my all time favorite
3. Goodnight Gorilla/Brown Bear, Brown Bear -reminds me of reading to my boys when they were very small.
4. A little boy and his dog Sandy -not really a book, but the stories that were told to me when I was very small.
5. Gone with the wind -Because I read it in fourth grade, and fell in love with all things gone with the wind.
6. Jesus the Christ-Brilliant book. A quote I read from Albert Einstein turned me onto this book, I have to say he was right the book is so thought provoking.
8. Fannie Mae and the Musical Man - The opening scene of this book, the husband puts a speaker behind the toilet of the outhouse and then when the wife goes in to use it, he yells into a microphone attached by a long cord to the speaker, "Hey lady do you mind, we are trying to work down here!" I got a good laugh, I think of that scene whenever I have to use an outhouse.
9. My mother's parenting books (from the seventies) that she gave me after I had Carver. It is a wonder that we all turned out. **one book recommended taking your baby outside in the sun for twenty minutes "each"side.
10. Pride and Prejudice- ....need I say more?
11. Tale of two cities -My favorite Dickens' book.
12. Charm School -One of those "airport" books that stuck with me.
13. Mrs. Mike, Call of the wild, Banner in the Sky, Island of the blue dolphins, where the Lilies bloom, Scarlet Pimpernel -all books I read in elementary or Jr. high Loved them all!!
14. Harry Potter series- Brilliant.
15. Angle of Repose -single handily the novel that I have thought about the most.
16. El Libro De Mormones- because somewhere along the way, I fell in love with the thing.

2 comments:
Oh, Angle of Repose should have been on my list too! I love, love, love that book.
I'd like to list my 15 books but I am struggling to think of 5 I have read in the past 5 years... 1.) Into the Wild 2.)Bourne trilogy (counts as 3) 3.) Runners World Magazine 4.) Standard Examiner 5.) Tried to read Harry Potter couldn't make it through them, very boring for me 6.) It's not about the Bike 7.) Every Second Counts 8.) Into Thin Air ... well thats as far as I could get, I love reading if it is good, I always say it is like an Orange if you eat an orange and it is good you can't wait to have another, but if you eat a bad one it turns you off oranges for a long time, same thing with reading for me! Chad's comment
Post a Comment