H.K is fun, even if you don't want to shop (not really...Ha!Ha!), but for those of you who have a refined taste of culture you will like this little segment, I am adding it just for you! The H.K LDS temple was a "Mini Temple", for me it was by far the highlight of the trip, it was really neat to do a session that was in chinese (we wore english headsets). We met some great poeple while we were there and unbeknowns to kristin she had a little fan club waiting for her outside!! It was like walking around with a really cool famous person (which she is in our eyes) the Chinese people loved her......they were always commented on how beautiful she was if she was a model!! It was fun. The other temple we went to that same day, is part of a Ngong (sp?) monastary. The Budha you see in the pictures is the largest Budha in the world. It brought a whole new image to the phrase "big budha." At that temple they burned lots of insence, and had a huge spread for the Gods, who are supposed to come and eat the food at night, but looking at the size of Budha's belly.........I have my doubts!! It was cool anyway and it was cool to see the contrasts between the different temples and relgions.
Cross-stitch
8 years ago



7 comments:
Love the pictures from your trip. No kids and cheap shopping sounds like a dream vacation. The Carver girls look great! Fun to see pictures of you all. Tell your Mom and Jaime "Hello" from me. I am glad you had such a fun trip and got some priceless goods! Take Care!
Oh, I could not be more proud!!!A cute post with pictures and everything! I think you all look like models from America. Can I be your agent? I am so glad that you had fun in China, next time we will be with you, that is a promise. I am lucky enough to carry around a reminder of your China trip everyday.. (My Giraffe/Cow) purse.
Cousy's Forever =)
You make HK look like so much fun. It would have to be if it takes twenty some odd hours to fly over there. I am proud of you also that you got the pictures up this time too. Now I am just waiting for a little music while I enjoy your blog. Your awesome!
Alright I have a deal for you...you update your blog and I will update mine. I am aiming for once a week, but so far I have already blown that!
Found your blog! I'm jealous of your trip to Hong Kong. It was great seeing you at soccer. We for sure need to go biking just let me heal a little! My email is mckellj@hotmail.com
tag, your it. check out my blog for instructions.
Kelly,
I cant believe you went to hong kong. Leave it up to you and Jamie to go prancing off. I just got her blog from ellie and saw yours. I love blogging it is the fastest and quickest way to keep in touch. You look great. Nat
Post a Comment