Years ago, My mother once drove our motor home loaded with my sister and me, and five other women, in to Mexico. We camped along the beach, ate at roadside taco stands and shopped at back alley markets. Everyone thought she was crazy.......... (including the cop that she bribed at the border).
She took me and some friends backpacking through Eastern Europe. We slept in youth hostels (with our passports around our necks), carried our belongings on our backs, and became masters of subways and trains alike. When people got wind of our trip........everyone thought she was crazy.
When I was young, my mother would get up at five in the morning to drive me to swimming meets all over Utah. Everyone thought she was crazy.
In Junior High, when I got into some hot water with a teacher, she believed me, backed me up and went to bat for me...........everyone thought she was crazy.
She took me to Alaska and we rented a car. We logged around 3,000 miles in ten days. We saw all of Fairbanks, Denali, Homer, Steward, etc. Went on a fishing boat, saw bears, a wolf, beluga whales, sea otters, the peak of Denali and mosquitoes the size of birds. When we turned our car in and told the workers where we had been and what we had seen, everyone thought she was Crazy.
While in Western Europe, she would suggest that we ditch the "guided" tours and take us exploring on our own............everyone thought she was crazy.
She kept us up really, really late, one night in Florida to see a night shuttle launch, we went to a city park to watch it. Once we were there she made us climb up on top of the restroom building to get a unobstructed view of the launch. (to this day one of the most awesome things I have ever seen) When people saw what we were doing........everyone thought she was crazy.
This list could go on and on; New York, Hong Kong, Costa Rica, London, Paris, etc.
Thanks mom..............................for not listening to everyone.
You have given me the world and then some.
Happy Mother's Day.
Cross-stitch
8 years ago

8 comments:
What a great tribute to an amazing lady.
she is far from crazy - she is the best ~ Happy Mother's Day Linda :)
Kelli I love your mom she is hilarious!! And she is always so much fun!!
If only I can be as daring, as courageous, or unabashed. Love you Aunt Linda! I want to be like you when I grow up.
The first time I met your Mom - I thought she was crazy too! Something that involved a Hammer and a piece of furniture. But in reality I was witnessing someone that just gets things done! I've come to love and appreciate that trait!
Truly a remarkable woman!! What AMAZING crazy stories she has to tell, but the best thing about them is that they are true AND crazy! LOVE HER!!! ANd you too Kelli! You're awesome!
I know a mom of 4 little boys who is pretty amazing too. She had an amazing woman to follow!
I love your crazy mom!! how much fun and what great memories you have!! No wonder you can handle those 5 boys of yours!! :)
Post a Comment